Need a great, no bake, party app idea? Take one from me and Thomas Keller, this will be a hit. I often have people tell me they “hate cooking” “don’t know how” or “f*%k it up every time” well then, this ones for you. Follow these steps to an easy, frustration free, party hors d’oeuvre.
Go the store and buy:
- 4 oz sliced smoked salmon
- 1 large shallot
- Sesame and seaweed crackers
- 1 lemon
- 4 oz of crème fraîche or if you can’t find it, sour cream will do just fine.
1. Dice the smoked salmon and place in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Mince the shallot, add to the bowl.
3. Mince 1 tbsp of chives, add to the bowl
4. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
5. Add a few pinches of white pepper, if you have it (no need to buy, just to add)
6. Give it a quick toss.
7. Lay out the sesame-seaweed crackers on a platter, top each cracker with a tablespoon of the salmon. Dollop with a small amount of crème fraîche and garnish with a 1″ piece of chive. Serve right away.
Let me know how it turns out! I hope you enjoy…
Adapted from Thomas Keller’s, The French Laundry Cookbook