Easy party food. I’ll keep this short and to the point. 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to bake and voila!
- 20 pitted, dry, dates
- 3 oz of good, pungent Gorgonzola cheese
- 20 or so raw almonds, rough chopped
- 1pkg sliced prosciutto
- tooth picks
1. Rough chop almonds and toast them over low-med heat in a saute pan. Once they begin to brown evenly remove from heat.
2. Slice dates on one side and pull open, add a small sliver of cheese, just enough to stuff it.
3. Sprinkle a few almond pieces on top of the gorgonzola and close the date back up.
4. Roll the stuffed date in a 1″x4″ piece of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
5. Repeat until all dates are stuffed.
5. Bake in a preheated 350*F oven for 15-20 minutes or until prosciutto looks crisp.
This small bite hits every taste bud in your mouth; salty, sweet, crispy, nutty, soft, chewy and layered with flavor. A really quick and tasty app for your next party!
“One of the best hors d’oeuvre I’ve ever had!”- anonymous friend